Monday, December 14, 2009

Homemade Yarns and Tanktop progression and followers

The other morning I was browsing the internet when I came upon a video on making T-shirt yarn. So I tried it out and came to the conclusion that it was a pretty nice, eco-friendly way to make yarn. All you have to do is cut of the hem of an old T-shirt, then cut spirally up the shirt, stopping when you get to the sleeves. The video said to try and keep the yarn at the same width throughout, but I sort of overlooked that part (its thick-and-thin yarn). I haven't knitted anything out of it yet, but I plan on making a washcloth, since it's soft and absorbent. The yarn is a light blue, by the way.
If you want to see the video, it's on YouTube under 'Recycled T-shirt Yarn' by KnitPicks.

I'm almost done with my tank top, but I've stopped following the pattern since it was turning out to be too big. Instead of making increases, I'm just going to knit straight up for another 5in. or so. I don't know what type of sleeves I want to put on it yet.

Now, really, I have no idea how many people actually read this blog, but if you do, become a follower! If you don't have an account, it's very simple to make one. I made my account just so I could leave comments on my friend's blog, and I was worried about spam and stuff like that, but blogspot.com doesn't send you any. So become my follower and leave comments! I have an idea about a contest (with prizes) that I'll post when I get more followers. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment